Day Twenty- nine: Keeping up with the Jones’s


Hello again, I can’t believe I’m a day away from reaching my goal. I’ll wait until tomorrow to give myself a pat on the back. Any-who, do you ever find yourself comparing your life to your friends, your family, or even complete strangers? Unconsciously tallying ways in which your life is better than or worse than their lives. I’ll admit it, I know I do. The sad part is at times we unknowingly enter into this “you buy this and I’ll buy one even better game” and before you know it, we’re in a mess. We’re running in a blind race when we try to keep up with the Jones’s, because we have the slightest clue what’s behind the curtain. We need to remember everything always looks better on the outside and everything that glitters isn’t gold. 

Until next time...

Comments